After either subscribing to Musicnotes Pro via the website or purchasing the Musicnotes Pro from the Musicnotes Player iOS App, you will be able to sync Set Lists, Folders and Markup between your iOS and Android devices. On this and any secondary device, you will need to sign in to the app with your Musicnotes account in order to use the Set List, Folder and Markup syncing feature; there are no syncing options available for guests.
- Purchasing Musicnotes Pro
- Activating the Syncing Option
- Using the Syncing Feature
- Musicnotes Pro subscriptions
Purchasing Musicnotes Pro
If you have not purchased either a Musicnotes Pro subscription, you may do so by:
- Tapping on the "Menu" button, then tap on the "Pro" button, toward the bottom of the menu.
- The Musicnotes Pro page will display, and will provide a summary and details about both plan options. You will then be able to select your preferred plan at the bottom of the screen.
Activating the Syncing Option
Once you have purchased the subscription, syncing will automatically be activated. You may deactivate the syncing option by tapping "Settings", then switching off the "Set List, Folder & Markup Sync" option.
If you are using 2 or more iOS devices to sync Set Lists, Folders and Markup, you will need to be signed in to your second iOS device with the same Apple ID used to purchase the Musicnotes Pro subscription, and be signed in to the app with the same Musicnotes account with which you signed in on your first iOS device. Please note: you will not be able to use the same Apple ID to purchase the Musicnotes Pro subscription for multiple Musicnotes accounts. For further reference, please refer to:
- Apple's Support page: Sign in with your Apple ID
- Signing in to the Musicnotes app: Getting Started: Signing In, Basic Navigation and All Songs
Using the Syncing Feature
You will be able to sync your Set Lists, Folders and Markups between iOS, Android and Windows devices once you have added your desired music to a Folder, or you have organized your music in your desired order in a Set List. If you have not created a Set List or Folder, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article: Organize Your Library (Folders and Set Lists)
Once you have updated a Set List or Folder, you can manually sync the Set List or Folder by using the "pull-down" method (scroll past the top of the list and swipe down while pressing on the screen).
If you have added personal PDFs to a Set List or Folder on your first device, the syncing feature will sync the information for these files - such as the title and performer, if you have added this information. However, if you have not imported the same PDFs to your second device, the PDFs will be grayed out in the Set List or Folder and will not be available for viewing. However, please note that PDF importing and viewing is currently only available on iOS, Android and Windows devices.
If you have imported the same personal PDFs to both your first device as well as your second device, and you have added the PDFs to a Set List or Folder on your first device, the PDFs will be accessible from the synced Set List or Folder on your second device.
Musicnotes Pro subscriptions
The Musicnotes Pro subscriptions grant Musicnotes customers an automatic discount on all digital sheet music purchases.
- Through the website,
- Musicnotes Pro - Standard and Musicnotes Pro for Educators subscribers save 10%, and
- Musicnotes Pro - Plus and Musicnotes Pro - Premium subscribers save 15%.
- All tiers save $1 per purchase while shopping in the iOS and Android Musicnotes Player apps.
Purchasing a Musicnotes Pro subscription within the iOS or Android app with your Apple ID or Google Play account will include these discounts with your subscription. Please see the following Knowledge Base articles for the applicable operating system:
- Musicnotes Pro (iOS app) - Manage your subscription
- Musicnotes Pro (Android app) - Manage your subscription
Existing Musicnotes Pro subscribers will automatically have access to the Set List, Folder and Markup Syncing feature.