- How to purchase in-app
- How to cancel in-app purchases
How to purchase in-app
Customers will need to have a Musicnotes account registered, and be signed in to the Musicnotes app on their iOS device, prior to purchasing any digital sheet music products from within the app.
- In the app, users will need to tap the "Menu" button, then tap "Shop".
- From within "Shop", you will be able to search or browse for you desired arrangement.
- Tapping on a song from the search results will open the first page product preview for viewing and (for interactive products only) playback.
- Once viewing the product preview, you can view additional information about the product by tapping on either the "i" button (on an iPad) or tapping the "+" button, then selecting "i Song Information" button (on an iPhone).
- Once you have found your desired arrangement, you can tap on either the orange purchase button, or "Add to Wish List".
- Currently, you will not be able to purchase items from your Wish List from within the app; however, you can access your Wish List by signing in to your Musicnotes account on the Musicnotes website, and move those items from the Wish List to your shopping cart.
- After following the purchasing prompts, you should receive 2 receipts:
- One receipt will show the payment processed and sent by Apple.
- One receipt will show the order confirmation and sent by Musicnotes.
Payments for purchases of digital sheet music within the app will be processed through the App Store/iTunes. For additional reference, please see the following Apple Support pages:
- Billing and Subscriptions
- Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods
- Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPhone
- How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed
There is a price difference when you purchase music from Musicnotes.com versus purchasing music from our Musicnotes Player apps. Some sheet music prices may differ from the app to the website due to the developer agreements from Apple we must abide by to offer in-app shopping.
Since all purchases of digital sheet music from Musicnotes are associated with your Musicnotes account, you can still purchase music directly from our site (in your mobile browser) and download your purchases to the app after ordering if you'd prefer.
Some products are not able to be purchased at this time from within the Musicnotes app - including, but not limited to Choral arrangements, Non-Interactive arrangements, sheet music collections. These products may show up in search results, however, once you attempt to open the preview of the product, the message "Unable To Purchase. We're sorry but this piece is currently unavailable for purchase."
However, you will be able to purchase these arrangements from the Musicnotes website with your Musicnotes account, and then download the purchase to the Musicnotes app.
Users subscribed to Musicnotes Pro (formerly Pro - Plus) or Musicnotes Pro - Premium can purchase and redeem Pro Credits within the app.
Subscribers can check their current Pro Credit balance on the Settings page, and they may add more credits by visiting the Pro Page and buying a Pro Credit Pack (3 credits).
To redeem Pro Credits for a product, users can tap either the “Use 1 Pro Credit” or "Use 2 Pro Credits" button (product specific) on the product preview. Please note: not all products are eligible to be purchased with Pro Credits. For additional information, please click here.
You may receive the message "Connection Error. There was an issue while connecting to Musicnotes. Please try again." if you are using an ad-blocker on your device.
We would recommend temporarily turning the ad-blocker off while you use the "Shop" section of our app. Once you are done, you may turn it back on again.
Zero Search Results
If you are searching for a song title and/or artist name that contains an apostrophe (such as a contraction), you may have zero results returned. This is due to the character entered by default when tapping the apostrophe key on the default iOS keyboard; this character is not recognized by the search within the Store.
However, you can successfully search for the song title and/or artist name using one of the following options:
- You will be able to search for the song title and/or artist name using your mobile web browser on the Musicnotes website - www.musicnotes.com, or
- If you long-press on the apostrophe key, this will enter an apostrophe character.
How to cancel in-app purchases
Musicnotes is unable to refund in-app purchases, as the payments for these purchases are processed by Apple. For further information, please contact us.