You may import your own personal sheet music PDF files into your library - using either iTunes and a computer, or your device's file system - and access them within the Musicnotes Sheet Music Player app.
- Importing your personal sheet music (PDFs) via your iOS or iPadOS device
- Importing your personal sheet music (PDFs) via a computer
- Editing Imported PDF Info:
Importing your personal sheet music (PDFs) via your iOS or iPadOS device
(Available in Musicnotes Player for iOS app version 2.16.3 and newer, on devices running iOS 12 or newer)
You will be able to import your personal sheet music PDFs in the Musicnotes Player for iOS app, by way of the Files app for iOS. You will need to first sign in to the Files app with any cloud storage accounts you wish to use, and/or have PDFs stored on your device.
You will be able to import your personal sheet music PDFs in either the My Library or My PDFs sections by tapping on the context menu ,
then tapping on Import PDFs.
This will open up the Files app's file browser, within the Musicnotes app.
For additional reference regarding the Files app for iOS and iPadOS, please see the following Apple Support article: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Importing your personal sheet music (PDFs) via a computer
iTunes - Windows and MacOS 10.14 Mojave & older:
Please follow these steps:
- Connect your iOS device to your desktop computer and open iTunes. After a moment, you should see your device listed as a button in the top left. Click on this button so that you can see the device manager.
- You will now see a summary of details for the device you are using. On the left, there is a menu and you will notice "Summary" is selected. Click the "File Sharing" menu item below it.
- Once you have clicked on "File Sharing", select the Musicnotes app. Under the "Musicnotes Documents", click on the "Add File..." button to open a file-finding dialog box. Locate the PDFs you would like to import using this dialog box.
- PDFs may be added to the "Musicnotes Documents" list individually or in bulk. Likewise, files may be removed from the list by clicking on each file to highlight, then pressing the “Delete” key on your computer’s keyboard. Lastly, you may click the "Sync" button to update the files synced with your device.
macOS Finder - MacOS 10.15 Catalina & newer:
Please follow these steps to import your personal sheet music (PDFs):
- Connect your iOS device to your desktop computer. In the menu bar at the top of the screen, go to "Go" and select "Home"
Select your iOS device’s name in the list of “Locations” in the panel on the left. You will be asked to pair with your iOS device. Click the Pair button
On the iOS device, a "Trust this computer?" message will appear. Click the "Trust" button.
Then, the iOS device’s info will display on the computer – it will look similar to how it had previously looked in iTunes.
Below the device's name and model are a row of tabs - e.g. “General” (selected by default), “Music”, “Movies”, etc. - click the "Files" tab.
A list of available apps will be displayed there. Click the “>” arrow next to Musicnotes to expand the row and display the names of any files already on the device in our app.
- Drag the files you want to import onto "Musicnotes" then "drop" them. The file should appear below the Musicnotes app icon.
- After a moment, the file should sync to the device.
To delete files in Finder:
- You can delete the files in the app on your iOS device.
- Go to the Files tab in Finder, as described above.
- Using the mouse, right-click on the file name.
- Select "Delete".
- Confirm you wish to delete the file.
Editing Imported PDF Info:
After you have imported a PDF and it appears in your song list, you can swipe from right to left from the right arrow:
A swipe menu will open:
You can open the edit screen by tapping the "edit" button while viewing the info window of a PDF. The info window can be viewed by tapping the "Info" button in the row swipe menu or hitting the info button while viewing a piece.
Use the editing screen to change or update the various information for your imported PDF by clicking on "Enter Value" or the existing information under the heading you are editing.
Once you have made your changes, the "Save" button will appear in the top right. Tap this to save the changes you have made to the info for your PDF.
Otherwise, tap "Cancel" in the top left to reject the changes.