You may import your own personal sheet music PDF files into your library - using either iTunes and a computer or Dropbox - and access them within the Musicnotes Sheet Music Player app.
Importing your personal sheet music (PDFs) via iTunes:
Please follow these steps:
- Connect your iOS device to your desktop computer and open iTunes. After a moment, you should see your device listed as a button in the top left. Click on this button so that you can see the device manager.
- You will now see a summary of details for the device you are using. On the left, there is a menu and you will notice "Summary" is selected. Click the "File Sharing" menu item below it.
- Once you have clicked on "File Sharing", select the Musicnotes app. Under the "Musicnotes Documents", click on the "Add File..." button to open a file-finding dialog box. Locate the PDFs you would like to import using this dialog box.
- PDFs may be added to the "Musicnotes Documents" list individually or in bulk. Likewise, files may be removed from the list by clicking on each file to highlight, then pressing the “Delete” key on your computer’s keyboard. Lastly, you may click the "Sync" button to update the files synced with your device.
Importing your personal sheet music (PDFs) via Dropbox:
You will be able to import your personal sheet music PDFs by linking your Dropbox account in the Musicnotes Player for iOS app.
You will be able to import your personal sheet music PDFs in either the My Library or My PDFs sections by tapping on the context menu , then tapping on Add from Dropbox.
If you have not linked your Dropbox account, you can sign in by tapping on Add from Dropbox in the context menu in either the My Library or My PDFs sections, or by going to Settings and tapping on the “+” button under Connections.
Once you are signed in, tapping Add from Dropbox will bring up a file picker for your Dropbox account. The icon to the right of each file name will indicate the status of the file.
- A circle that is not filled in will indicate the file has not yet been selected or downloaded.
- A gray circle will indicate the file has been selected, but not yet downloaded.
- After you have made your selections from the folder you are currently viewing, tap the "Import files" button in the title bar of the window.
- A “waiting” spinner will indicate the file(s) have been added to the queue of files to be downloaded.
- While downloading selected files, the title bar of the window will show "Cancel" in the upper-right, and the "Close" button will be grayed out.
- A green circle with a white check mark in it will indicate the file has been successfully downloaded.
- After successfully downloading your selections, tap the "Close" button.
- An exclamation mark in a circle indicates there was an issue downloading the file, and the file will need to be downloaded again. This can be done by tapping "Retry" in the banner message.
Folders will be represented with a folder icon to the left of the folder's name.
Once you have selected a folder, the folder's name will display in the title bar of the window:
To navigate back one folder level, tap the left-facing arrow in the upper-left:
The search bar will allow you to search folder names and file names within the folder you have selected.
If a selected Dropbox folder does not contain any PDFs, the following message will display:
Please note: You will only be able to download files from one Dropbox folder at a time. If you have selected multiple individual files and then select a folder, your selections will be cleared and you will need to re-select the files again in order to download.
If you wish to sign out of your Dropbox account, go to Settings and tap on the “x” button under Connections. Please see Options and Settings for details.
Editing Imported PDF Info:
After you have imported a PDF and it appears in your song list, you can swipe from right to left from the right arrow:
A swipe menu will open:
You can open the edit screen by tapping the "edit" button while viewing the info window of a PDF. The info window can be viewed by tapping the "Info" button in the row swipe menu or hitting the info button while viewing a piece.
Use the editing screen to change or update the various information for your imported PDF by clicking on "Enter Value" or the existing information under the heading you are editing.
Once you have made your changes, the "Save" button will appear in the top right. Tap this to save the changes you have made to the info for your PDF.
Otherwise, tap "Cancel" in the top left to reject the changes.