Table of Contents
- Options and Settings
- Changing Accounts and Signing Out
- Transposition Settings
- Sheet Music Player Settings
Options and Settings
To see the settings that are currently selected for the Musicnotes Sheet Music Player app, tap on the Settings section in the bottom of the left slide-out menu.
Changing Accounts and Signing Out
If you are not already signed in to the app, the Guest Account will be listed at the top of the Settings section and a "Sign In" button will be available. If you are signed in, your Name, User Name and Email will be listed at the top of the section and a "Sign Out" button will be available. Tapping this button will sign you out and bring you to the guest song list.
Type the email address or username associated with your Musicnotes.com account into the "Username or Email Address" field, type your password, and tap "Sign In" to sign in to your account and access your purchased music.
When you import a new song to the app, by default only your purchased key is sent to your device. You may change this by selecting the "Import All Transpositions" option in the Settings section. The next time you import, all available transpositions of each of your pieces will be downloaded.
Please note: Enabling this setting will increase the time to import your music. Even with this setting off, you can download individual transpositions from inside the sheet music itself. (Please see the Transpose Your Sheet Music topic for more information).
Sheet Music Player Settings
There are four settings within the Musicnotes Sheet Music Player app that affect the default playback behavior.
- The "Play Guitar Chords" option allows you to choose which pieces will include the notated Guitar Chords during playback. The default is for only those pieces with a guitar part to play chords. If you set this to "None", the chords will also not appear in the Audio Mixer within the sheet music Viewer.
- The "Play Guitar Tab" option affects Guitar TAB pieces only, and allows you to choose whether the audio will be generated from the notation staff or from the TAB notation during playback. It is recommended that you leave this at "Automatic," since the audio for many pieces is optimized for only one mode.
- The "Delay Looping" option allows you to toggle between continuous looped playback of your selection, or to insert a delay at the start of your selection in the looped playback.
- The "Note Highlight Color" option allows you to select the color that the active notes are highlighted in during playback.
You may change the type of background "paper" your pieces are displayed on by using the "Paper Type" setting. Tap the arrow button on the right of the options menu and a window will appear that allows you to choose from an assortment of paper types. Once you've selected the type you want to use, tap the "Use Selected Paper Type" button and you will now see your chosen paper in the background in the music viewer.
The "Page Change" option allows you to change how you move between pages in the music viewer. The default is "Swipe," in which you drag the page with your finger, sliding the next or previous page into view. It only takes a small swipe for the page to change. If you chose "Tap," you will simply need to tap the left side of the screen to move back a page, or tap the right side of the screen to move forward a page.
If you prefer speed over display, turn off the "Page Flip Animation" setting. When this setting is turned off, pages will instantly load when you tap or choose a page button instead of showing a sliding animation.
Please note: If you have turned off the page flip animations for speed, we also recommend switching the "Page Change" setting to "Tap," since the swipe action will still use a sliding animation.