If you are using a Windows computer with an audio interface connected, and you are either:
- Not able to hear any audio playback from the Musicnotes app, or,
- Receiving the error message "We're sorry but there was a problem playing this piece. Please contact customer support"
The configuration of your audio interface's settings may be causing this. The following suggestions are - by no means - an exhaustive list, but rather recommendations:
- Ensure you have the most current drivers installed for your audio interface. You can download this from your audio interface's manufacturer's website. After installing the updated driver, you will need to restart your computer for the driver to take effect.
- In your audio settings in Windows, please check the audio interface's Output Settings, and/or Format. For best results, the Format should be set to a sample rate of 48,000 Hz (sometimes labeled as "48K").
- If your audio interface's output format was already set to 48,000 Hz, you may want to try temporarily toggling this setting to a different option, then toggle back to your original setting.
- The Bit Depth setting will have less of an impact on the playback from the app than what the Sample Rate will.
- Try unplugging the power to the audio interface, wait 10-15 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Ensure you are using the factory sound drivers and device.
- Try unplugging your interface, and using the built-in audio for your computer to see if the issue persists.
If the above recommendations still do not correct the issue, we recommend contacting the audio interface's manufacturer for further assistance.