If you are located in the United States or Australia and your organization is tax exempt, you will need to contact Musicnotes Customer Support with the following information before your account can be automatically exempt from being charged sales tax for your future orders. When contacting Musicnotes Customer Support, please include the following:
- The email address(es) for the Musicnotes account(s) requiring tax exemption (if you are not emailing from your organization's email address)
- Completed tax exemption certificate(s)
Please note the following:
- A registered Musicnotes account is required as tax exemption is added at the individual account level for registered Musicnotes accounts.
- Customers seeking tax exemption with a Retail Trade and Resale tax exemption reason would require having a distributor license with Musicnotes. Unfortunately, Musicnotes' existing agreements with publishers does not allow for this, and we cannot grant tax exemption in these cases.
- We do not generate year-end tax reports.