- Printing your music using Google Chrome
- Printing your music using a Musicnotes app
- Printing your music using Safari (alternate printing method)
- Printing your music using Firefox
We have received reports from customers printing from Mac computers when using either Safari or Mozilla Firefox as their web browsers.
- When printing on a Mac using Safari, we have received reports that after clicking the "Print" button in the Print Center, the standard printing dialogue window does not display, and the user is prompted if the music had printed successfully.
- When printing on a Mac using Firefox, we have received frequent reports that after printing, the printout will often be missing noteheads and/or have strange characters printed on the music.
Our technical and development teams are aware of these issues and are working on fixes to our printing system that will be released in the future.
In the meantime, there are several options available for you to print your music.
Printing your music using Google Chrome
We would recommend attempting to print your music using Google Chrome, by signing in to your Musicnotes account through the Musicnotes website.
If you need additional help finding and printing your music, please follow the steps found in this article in our Support site Knowledge Base - How can I find my purchased music and then print it?
Printing your music using a Musicnotes app
You will be able to print your music from one of our free Musicnotes apps, either with your Mac or another device, using the following instructions:
- macOS app - Printing Your Purchased Sheet Music
- iOS app - Print Your Purchased Sheet Music
- Windows app - Printing Your Purchased Sheet Music
- Android app - Print Your Purchased Sheet Music
Printing your music using Safari (alternate printing method)
If you do not wish to attempt printing using Google Chrome or the Musicnotes Player for macOS app, but would rather print using Safari, you will need to follow these instructions in order to successfully print your music:
- Click on "My Account" at the top of our website,
- Sign in to your account (if you're not already signed in).
- On the My Account page, click on "View Past Orders",
- To the right of the date for your order, click on "View Receipt",
- On your receipt, click on the "Print Your Music" button,
- At the bottom of the list of songs in your order, click on the "alternate printing method" link in the "If you're having trouble printing..." statement; the page will change,
- Click the blue "Print" button next to your song title.
- On the left side of the Print Center, click the green "Print" button,
- The print dialog box should open and display a preview of the print job.
- Below the preview, click the "Show Details" button,
- In the new details that appear on the right, uncheck the "Print headers and footers" box,
- Ensure the rest of the printer settings are correct,
- Click "Print" to send the music to the printer.
If you have additional digital sheet music products you wish to print, you will need to repeat these steps, starting at the 3rd step, after each successful print.
Please note: Once we have this issue fixed in the near future, you will no longer need to use these instructions.
Printing your music using Firefox
Unfortunately at this time, Firefox will not print digital sheet music.
Please use one of the 3 above options in the meantime, and once we have fixed the issue, you will be able to resume printing your digital sheet music using Firefox in the future.