This is an issue with security settings in Internet Explorer. If you are receiving error 12031 OR error 12029 when trying to log in or Sync your music to the Musicnotes Player (for PC) please follow these steps to change your browser settings and Sync:
- Open Internet Explorer;
- In the top left corner of the browser window, click on 'Tools' to open the Tools menu;
- Select 'Internet Options' from the menu;
- The Internet Options window will open;
- At the top of the Internet Options window, click to the 'Advanced' tab;
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of options. Locate the checkboxes labeled 'Use SSL 2.0', 'Use SSL 3.0', and 'Use TLS 1.0';
- Click on the box for 'Use TLS 1.0' to put a checkmark in it;
- Click the 'OK' button at the bottom of the Internet Options window;
- Close all open Internet Explorer windows.
Once you close out of the Musicnotes Player, and log back in, your issue should be resolved! Please note, if this does not work, you may need to restart your computer entirely in order for the browser settings to take effect.