Please Note: The Musicnotes Player for Windows program is considered legacy software; it will not receive any future software updates. This article has been retained for resource purposes only.
You may continue to use the program, however as time progresses, you may experience more and more frequent issues when using the legacy program to access your purchased music.
Additionally, this legacy program will be unable to access newer product types that may have been purchased under your Musicnotes account.
For the best digital sheet music experience, we recommend either:
This is an issue with security settings in Internet Explorer (even if you normally use a different web browser). If you are receiving error 12031, error 12029, OR error 12157 when trying to log in or Sync your music to the Musicnotes Player (for PC) please follow these steps to change your browser settings and Sync:
- Open Internet Explorer (even if you normally use a different web browser);
- In the top left corner of the browser window, click on 'Tools' to open the Tools menu;
- Select 'Internet Options' from the menu;
- The Internet Options window will open;
- At the top of the Internet Options window, click to the 'Advanced' tab;
- Scroll to the "Security" section, located toward the bottom of the list of options. Locate the checkboxes labeled 'Use SSL 2.0', 'Use SSL 3.0', and 'Use TLS 1.0';
- Ensure the following are set:
- Use SSL 3.0 - Leave Deselected
- Use TLS 1.0 - Enable
- Use TLS 1.1 - Enable
- Use TLS 1.2 - Enable
- Use TLS 1.3 (experimental) [visible only on Windows 10] - Leave Deselected
- Click the 'OK' button at the bottom of the Internet Options window;
- Close all open Internet Explorer windows.
Once you close out of the Musicnotes Player, and log back in, your issue should be resolved! Please note, if this does not work, you may need to restart your computer entirely in order for the browser settings to take effect.